Jump into Fall with a heavenly Spiced Pear Blitz! These luscious autumn cocktails marry bourbon with bosc pear–and a touch of lemon, honey + spice enhance the union. SCD Friendly!
Happy October, Friends! As the days grow shorter and we make our way further into autumn, I can’t help but be affected and influenced by the changing temperature and altered foliage. Though not routinely my favorite colors– the orange, burnt reds and browns are lulling me into a comforting place–that coupled with the hint of smoke in the cool air makes me a bit dreamy. And a spiced pear cocktail with enough bourbon to warm the chest and calm the nerves just seemed right!
The marriage of these ingredients felt natural, it was just a matter of finding the right balance. We made a honey simple syrup, blended it with pear, bourbon, spice and a touch of lemon. We then strained it, gave it a good shake with ice and the result is heavenly–it really is like fall in a glass.
I think we may have broken a rule or two here, (for those seriously adhering to the law of proper cocktails) but we were feeling adventurous, willing to risk failure-and thankful to have such a delicious result. It’s good to get crazy once in a while 😉
This is a lovely beverage to enjoy by the fire or out on the porch with the sound of leaves rustling around you. And if you’re like me, you’ll be making a round to sip while watching It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown! Now that is my happy place.
If you love this blitz, I think you’ll also enjoy my husband’s Black Walnut Old Fashioned!
Happy Cocktail Making!Print
- 1 bosc pear (not too small)
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1 fresh lemon wedge
- 2 tablespoons honey simple syrup (see instructions below)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 5–6 ice cubes
- Go ahead and make your honey simple syrup–it’s 1:1 with water. You can just heat a tablespoon of water together with a tablespoon of honey, stirring until honey is fully liquified and blended. I make a larger batch: 1/4 cup honey + 1/4 cup water and refrigerate the rest for iced tea and other cocktails.
- Peel and core your pear, cut into large cubes. No snacking, you’ll need it all for the drink 😉
- Pour your bourbon into a small blender ( we used a Ninja). Squeeze your lemon wedge over top and pour in the 2 tablespoons of honey simple syrup and water. Add in cut pear, pumpkin pie spice and pulse then blend until smooth.
- Pour through a strainer a little at a time into your shaker. Use a spoon to go back and forth over the strainer to move it through 75%. You can discard the rest. Add 5-6 ice cubes to your shaker and shake for 10 seconds.
- Pour drink into a small martini glass and garnish with a slice of pear or cinnamon stick. Sometimes you’ll need to shake the shaker a bit to make sure you get every last drop into the glass.
- Category: cocktails
- Method: mixing
- Cuisine: mixed drink
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, pear, bourbon, lemon, honey, simple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, drinks, party, entertaining, thanksgiving, christmas