Craving something oh so simple yet oh so delicious, that’s also low-carb? Look no further friends, because this Low Carb Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake meets all the criteria, plus extra yum!❤️
Good things require love and patience—and we put in loooong hours of work and love into this recipe to achieve the best flavor, texture and appearance possible. The good news is, it will only take you about 15 minutes to put together and 16 minutes to bake—how easy is that!? 😉
This cookie cake serves 8, make sure to double the frosting if you want to create extra embellishments like birthday wishes. And for a larger gathering, I recommend making two cakes (make each individually)—each cake is about 8 inches in diameter. And I have just one tip for you today–and that is to use your hands to create the dough!
Getting your hands into the mix is first of all just fun, but it also results in the ingredients coming together more evenly. Plus, it’s one more way to add your special touch into the recipe-I swear it makes a difference, especially when you’re baking for a loved one.❤️
*If you can’t get enough cookie cakes, try our delicious low-carb peanut butter version! Happy Cookie Cake Making!!😊
5.5 net carbs per slice (*Swerve has zero net carbs)
- 1.5 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- 1/2 teaspoon gelatin
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup Swerve Brown Sugar Replacement, packed. (No substitutes)
- 6 tablespoons melted butter (Earth Balance for dairy-free)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon molasses (this adds only 2.5 carbs to the entire recipe, .3 per serving)
- 1/3 cup Lily’s Sugar-Free Milk Chocolate Chips (Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips for dairy-free)
Frosting (double if you prefer a lot of frosting)
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, guar gum, gelatin and baking soda. Add Swerve Brown Sugar and whisk vigorously until evenly incorporated. (I use my hands to break up any lumps.)
- Add melted butter, vanilla extract, molasses and egg. Combine by hand until a sticky dough forms. Add chocolate chips and work them into the dough evenly. Form dough into a ball.
- Place your ball of dough onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Press dough out into a circular shape, about 7-8 inches in diameter using your hands to cup the sides to make the circle nice and tidy.
- Place in a preheated oven and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, then rotate the pan 180 degrees and bake an additional 6 minutes.
- Remove and place cookie sheet on top of oven to cool. The cookie will still be soft in the middle at this point, it will firm up to the perfect texture during the cooling process-you will want the middle moist and a touch gooey. You can choose to eat it warm, just make sure to let it cool 20 minutes first (it will still be plenty warm) then carefully and quickly lift the cookie cake up by gripping the sides of the parchment paper and then set it down on a cake stand, large plate or serving board.
- While you’re waiting for the cookie to cool, go ahead and whip up your frosting. Place softened butter, half + half and vanilla in a medium to large mixing bowl. Whisk Swerve Confectioner, cocoa powder and salt over top. Blend with hand mixer on medium, then switch to high until frosting is smooth and creamy. (Add a touch more milk for a thinner/creamier frosting, or more Swerve for a thicker frosting).
- Pipe frosting around the edges of the cake or a dollop on each slice. Cut, serve and enjoy! Store any leftovers in an airtight tupperware-like container.
Keywords: grain-free, low-carb, chocolate chip cookie, cookie coke, birthday, easy recipe, chocolate desserts