Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free/Vegan Option
Happy Sunday, Friends!🌟
We’re closing in on the big day! We wanted to get this delicious Twice Baked Potato recipe out to you in case you’re in need of an easy, no-fuss grain-free side. This is guaranteed to be hit with your guests! And there is an easy dairy-free/vegan option for sensitive tummies.
And you can take over the recipe however you like– we love a blend of cheeses, adding parmesan sharpens the flavor in such a wonderful way. And if you’re not jalapeño-crazy like us, feel free to use fresh chives or scallions instead–and if you’re a meat eater, bacon is always a winner!
Just a quick tip before we head to the recipe–when you scoop the potatoes, make sure to leave enough of the shell so it doesn’t collapse or tear.
I have done this before, it’s maddening to have to discard them when your company is counting on enough servings for everyone! So until there is edible tape that can survive oven temperatures, we’ll just have to be extra careful with the potato skins 😉
Happy Baking + Enjoy The Recipe!😊Print
- 4 large potatoes
- 1/3 cup softened cream cheese (Kite Hill for dairy-free/vegan cream cheese + sour cream).
- 1/3 cup sour cream (extra for topping)
- 3 tablespoons butter (Earth Balance for dairy-free/vegan)
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, more for topping. (Shredded Daiya Cheese for dairy-free/vegan)
- 2 jalapeños, seeded and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt + pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Wash then dry potatoes. Use a fork to pierce each potato so steam can escape. Bake them on a cookie sheet at 375 for 1 hour.
- Wait a few minutes after they’re out of the oven. Use two oven mitts so you don’t burn your hands–slice each potato lengthwise.
- Use a large bowl to mix your potatoes. Scoop out the insides of each half but make sure to leave enough shell so they don’t fall apart, you will need them sturdy enough to hold the filling.
- Add the butter to your potatoes before mashing–let it melt a bit. Then use a hand mixer (you can mash by hand if preferred) on medium speed to smooth potatoes. Add your softened cream cheese + sour cream and blend again, do not over-mix. Add cheese and again, combine. Finally stir in diced jalapeño. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the potato shells on the cookie sheet and fill up 7 of the halves (we always forgo one of them so the others have more filling). Place additional shredded cheese overtop.
- Return to oven for about 25 minutes. Serve hot with a dollop of sour cream and paprika. Enjoy!
*Potatoes vary in size, feel free to add more sour cream and cheese to taste, but make sure to start with the recipe’s measurements. You can always add more, but you can’t take it back out! 😉
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
Keywords: grainfree, dairyfree, glutenfree, twicebakedpotatoes, potatoes, appetizer, dinnerside, jalapeño