Start your day off right with a piece of this luscious Keto Orange Loaf!
Keto Orange Loaf (Grainless, Dairy-Free Option)
Who else is in the mood for a thick slice of iced citrus bread? I thought you might be interested! I do love a good quick bread, and the fresh flavor and fragrance of orange makes this scrumptious loaf an irresistible treat for breakfast.
This Low-Carb lovely requires little effort to create, it’s definitely a “set it and forget it” kind of recipe. Just a quick blend of the batter, then into a parchment lined 1 pound loaf pan covered in foil to bake for 68 minutes. Cool completely, frost and you’ve got yourself 12 sensational slices of sublimity.
We use a cream cheese glaze here with a dairy-free option, it cuts the citrus in just the right way adding that special something to the bread–you’ll want to savor every bite!
No extra tips for today, this is easy peasy, everything you need is in the recipe card below. Can’t wait for you to try it, Happy Baking!
If you love this Keto Orange Loaf, we think you’ll also enjoy our Low-Carb Blueberry Bread!
*3.4 net carbs per slice
*Use a 1 pound loaf pan, we love this USA pan.
- 2 + 2/3 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 2/3 cup +1 Tbsp Swerve Confectioner Sweetener
- 2 teaspoon baking powder (Hain brand is grain-free)
- 2 teaspoons gelatin ( or 1 teaspoon agar powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- zest of 2 oranges
- 3 eggs (not jumbo, large is fine)
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp half + half (or coconut milk)
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 of an eight oz container cream cheese, room temperature (Kite Hill for dairy-free)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened (Earth Balance Spread for dairy-free)
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp Swerve Confectioner Sweetener
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- zest of 1 orange
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line your loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, Swerve, gelatin, baking powder + baking soda. Add orange zest overtop and whisk together again well until evenly combined.
- Add your eggs, milk, olive oil, orange juice, apple cider vinegar, vanilla + orange extracts and blend together with whisk until combined well and batter is smooth. Use batter right away.
- Pour batter into a parchment paper lined 1 pound loaf pan, we love baking this loaf in this USA pan. Cover your pan tightly with aluminum foil. Making sure your oven is preheated, bake at 350 degrees for 68 minutes, set a timer. (The aluminum foil must be secured for the entire bake).
- Remove from oven and let COOL COMPLETELY before removing from pan and glazing. (If you’re in a rush, let it cool 5 minutes outside of the oven and then transfer the loaf pan to the freezer for about 25 minutes).
- While you’re waiting for the bread to cool, go ahead and mix together your glaze. With a hand mixer, blend together your cream cheese and butter. Add orange juice, extract and zest and blend again. Finally, sift in the Swerve and salt, then blend one last time. Chilling the glaze will thicken it. You can also add more Swerve for a thicker texture or more orange juice to thin it out.
- Spread glaze over cooled loaf and serve. You can also place it in the fridge to chill, it’s excellent served cold.
- Enjoy! Store any leftovers in an airtight container and place in refrigerator.
- Category: Low-Carb
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Bread
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, grainless, dairyfree, keto, lowcarb, orange, loaf, bread, breakfast, frosted, citrus, brunch, tea time
This post may contain affiliate links, that means that I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase using these links. Income allows us to purchase products to test the recipes you see here! Thank you for your support.