These chocolatey chewy Paleo Brownie Cookies are the dreamiest! Get ready to make two batches because they’ll be gone before you can blink an eye!
Perfect Paleo Brownie Cookies
Hi Friends! These delicious cookies were inspired by my beautiful mother-in-law, Kathy. She fell in love with a brownie cookie recipe this winter and recommended that I make a grain-free version- and we couldn’t wait to get baking!
It took about a dozen tests, but the effort was most certainly worth it (and no complaints from the taste testers, haha). We wanted the cookies to have a shiny brownie top with a center that was soft, rich and chewy with a bit of crisp to the edges.
Special tip: My mother-in-law bakes these with ginger and they’re absolutely scrumptious that way as well, we’ll leave that option in the recipe below!
What You’ll Need For This Recipe:
- 3 Bowls, one of them microwaveable.
- Dry Whisk
- Dry fork
- Rubber spatula, if possible.
- Parchment paper, 2 sheets
- Cookie sheet
- Almond flour, cocoa powder, cassava flour, paleo baking powder, salt, olive oil, vanilla, eggs, coconut sugar, paleo chocolate chips
How We Make Our Paleo Brownie Cookies:
- First we whisk together the almond flour, cocoa powder, cassava, paleo baking powder and salt.
- Then we melt the paleo chocolate until smooth and then stir in the olive oil and finally the vanilla.
- We blend the eggs with the sugar and add the chocolate mixture. Then we whisk in the flour blend until smooth.
- Allow batter to sit for 5 minutes to thicken a bit. Spoon dollops onto two parchment lined cookie sheets, leaving room in between as the cookies will spread a bit.
- Bake about 10 minutes and allow them to cool for at least 5 minutes before transferring them carefully to a cooling rack with a spatula. Allow to cool 10 more minutes and then serve! These can be frozen.
We hope you love the cookies! You might also enjoy our Paleo Chocolate Silk Pie.Print
These Paleo Brownie Cookies are soft and chewy chocolate deliciousness with crispy edges. Heaven sent!
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (Droste for rich flavor and color)
- 1 tablespoon cassava flour (potato starch works for standard Grain-Free version)
- 1/2 teaspoon paleo baking powder (baking soda will work but cookies will not be as thick)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon Paleo chocolate chips (Hu Kitchen)
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut sugar (regular sugar is fine for standard Grain-Free version)
- 2 eggs
- additional chocolate chips for topping or honey candied ginger
- Read through the instructions prior to baking, make sure to follow the sequence as it is written. 🙂
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on 2 cookies sheets, set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift then whisk together almond flour, cocoa powder, cassava flour, baking powder and salt. Set bowl aside. (Using a wire whisk to stir the flour mixture through the sieve works faster + more efficiently than using a spoon).
- In a small and dry microwaveable bowl, melt chocolate chips in 35 second intervals, stirring each time.
- When chocolate is melted and smooth, stir in olive oil using a dry fork or dry whisk. (A utensil wet with water can seize the chocolate). After the oil is incorporated evenly into the chocolate, stir in the vanilla extract. Set bowl aside to cool for a few minutes.
- In a separate large bowl, add your sugar and eggs. Whisk together rapidly for about 2-3 full minutes. You can use an electric hand mixer if you prefer.
- Now slowly add in your chocolate mixture into the sugar/egg blend while whisking rapidly, it will start to thicken a bit. Finally, whisk in the flour blend in until smooth and incorporated evenly. Leave batter to rest for 5 minutes, it will thicken just a touch.
- Spoon dollops onto two parchment lined cookie sheets (about 7 or 8 dollops to each cookie sheet), leaving room in between as the cookies will spread a bit.
- Top each dollop with chocolate chips or honey candied ginger. (We sprinkle a touch of sugar or coconut sugar and a tiny bit of salt on the tops as well). Place cookie sheets in your preheated oven and bake at 350 degrees for about 10-12 minutes and allow them to cool for at least 5-10 minutes before transferring them carefully to a cooling rack with a spatula. Allow to cool an additional 10 more minutes and then serve! These can be frozen. Store any leftovers in airtight container, enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
- Category: paleo
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: cookies
Keywords: grain-free, gluten-free, paleo, dairy-free, naturally sweetened, brownie, cookies, chocolate, snacks