Vegan Blueberry Coffee Cake
I cannot wait for you to try this Vegan Blueberry Coffee Cake recipe, it is seriously out of this world! I guarantee you’ll not want to share ANY of this cake and you may find yourself eating it for dinner! (Don’t worry, I won’t judge);) It is moist and dense, yet light at the same time–I can’t fully explain it, it is the magic that is this cake! And the fantastically thick layer of streusel topping is a delightful contrast in texture and makes it all the more heavenly.
Ok so let’s get down to business so you can start serving this baby up!
I used a 9 inch cake pan for the featured cake, but 8X8 baking pan works beautifully if you prefer square slices. Be sure to line the pan with parchment paper, it will make life much easier. This Vegan Blueberry Coffee Cake needs to bake for about an hour. Rotate the pan 180 degrees at 30 minutes in and cover completely with foil. And this is important; let the cake cool COMPLETELY after you take it out of the oven. I know it’s hard to wait, but it is necessary with this type of grain-free cake and it is absolutely worth the wait. You may heat to serve later if desired. Finally, I’ve included the recipe for the drizzled icing at the end if you’d like to use that as well. Enjoy and Happy Baking!! 🙂
- FOR THE CAKE:
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- 1 cup Potato Starch (Not Potato Flour).
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder (grain-free Hain brand)
- 1/4 teaspoon Guar Gum (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 cup Apple Sauce
- 1/3 cup Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup Melted Vegan Butter (Earth Balance)
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3/4 cup Almond Flour
- 3/4 cup Potato Starch
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2/3 cup Chopped Pecans
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Vegan Butter (Earth Balance)
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk together almond flour, potato starch, sugar, baking powder and guar gum.
- Add apple sauce, almond milk, melted vegan butter, vanilla extract and apple cider vinegar. Stir until all is incorporated evenly. Batter will be thick. Add in blueberries and mix again.
- Pour batter into parchment paper lined 8×8 pan.
- Whisk together additional ingredients reserved for the topping–almond flour, potato starch, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Cut vegan butter into dry mix.
- Add pecans and vanilla and work hands though until crumbly.
- Spread crumble topping evenly over batter and place in oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes. At 30 minutes in, rotate the pan 180 degrees and cover with foil.
- Remove cake from oven and place pan on cooling rack. It will feel a touch soft in the center. It is important to let the cake cool completely before serving. It can then be reheated later if preferred. Cut into squares and drizzle with icing if desired. (To make the icing pictured, just combine 3/4 cup grain-free powdered sugar-I use “Wholesome” brand, 1.5 Tbsp Almond Milk, 1 tsp Vanilla and a dash of salt). Enjoy!
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, vegan, dairyfree, coffeecake, breakfast, blueberry
This post may contain affiliate links, that means that I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase using these links. Income allows us to purchase products to test the recipes you see here! Thank you for your support.