- FOR THE CAKE:
- 2 cups Almond Flour
- 3/4 cup +1 Tbsp Potato Starch (Not Potato Flour).
- 1/3 cup Sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons Baking Powder (grain-free Hain brand)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon Guar Gum (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 cup Apple Sauce
- 1/3 cup Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup Melted Vegan Butter (Earth Balance)
- 1.5 tablespoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Blueberries
- 1.5 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3/4 cup Almond Flour
- 3/4 cup Potato Starch
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 2/3 cup Chopped Pecans
- 1 tablespoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Vegan Butter (Earth Balance)
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk together almond flour, potato starch, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and guar gum.
- Add apple sauce, almond milk, melted vegan butter, vanilla extract and apple cider vinegar. Stir until all is incorporated evenly. Batter will be thick. Add in blueberries and mix again.
- Pour and spread batter into parchment paper lined 8×8 pan. (If you dip a rubber spatula in water, it will make it easier to spread the batter smoothly).
- Whisk together additional ingredients reserved for the topping–almond flour, potato starch, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Cut vegan butter into dry mix.
- Add pecans, vanilla, almond milk and work hands though until crumbly.
- Spread crumble topping evenly over batter and place in oven.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60 minutes. At 30 minutes in, rotate the pan 180 degrees and cover with foil.
- Remove cake from oven and place pan on cooling rack. It will feel a touch soft in the center. It is important to let the cake cool completely before serving. It can then be reheated later if preferred. Cut into squares and drizzle with icing if desired. (To make the icing pictured, just combine 3/4 cup grain-free powdered sugar-I use “Wholesome” brand, 1.5 Tbsp Almond Milk, 1 tsp Vanilla and a dash of salt). Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, vegan, dairyfree, coffeecake, breakfast, blueberry