- 1 bosc pear (not too small)
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1 fresh lemon wedge
- 2 tablespoons honey simple syrup (see instructions below)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 5–6 ice cubes
- Go ahead and make your honey simple syrup–it’s 1:1 with water. You can just heat a tablespoon of water together with a tablespoon of honey, stirring until honey is fully liquified and blended. I make a larger batch: 1/4 cup honey + 1/4 cup water and refrigerate the rest for iced tea and other cocktails.
- Peel and core your pear, cut into large cubes. No snacking, you’ll need it all for the drink 😉
- Pour your bourbon into a small blender ( we used a Ninja). Squeeze your lemon wedge over top and pour in the 2 tablespoons of honey simple syrup and water. Add in cut pear, pumpkin pie spice and pulse then blend until smooth.
- Pour through a strainer a little at a time into your shaker. Use a spoon to go back and forth over the strainer to move it through 75%. You can discard the rest. Add 5-6 ice cubes to your shaker and shake for 10 seconds.
- Pour drink into a small martini glass and garnish with a slice of pear or cinnamon stick. Sometimes you’ll need to shake the shaker a bit to make sure you get every last drop into the glass.
- Category: cocktails
- Method: mixing
- Cuisine: mixed drink
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, pear, bourbon, lemon, honey, simple syrup, pumpkin pie spice, drinks, party, entertaining, thanksgiving, christmas