*5.7 net carbs per serving
*Swerve has zero net carbs
For The “Cookies”
- 2 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 cup Swerve Granular Sugar Replacement
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder (we use Droste brand for extra rich color and flavor)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (Hain brand is grain-Free)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup + 1.5 tablespoons full fat coconut milk (or you can use half + half instead)
- 2.5 tablespoons olive oil (or oil of choice)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
For The Cream Cheese Filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, Granular Swerve, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda. (Sift this flour mixture into another bowl for finer texture).
- Add eggs, milk, olive oil, vanilla extract and apple cider vinegar. Blend with whisk until everything is evenly incorporated. Batter will be thick.
- Using an ice cream scooper, scoop the batter (just half a scoop each) and place it onto your parchment paper lined cookie sheets.
- You can use a toothpick to even out the circles, they should be roughly about 2.5 – 3 inches inches in diameter and create plenty of space between each round as the batter will spread while baking.
- You’ll have 15 rounds total–that makes 7 whoopie pies with one extra cookie in case one falls or breaks.
- Place your cookie sheets into the oven, one on the top rack and one on the bottom. Bake for 12-14 minutes, then let them cool completely. They will firm up a bit during the cooling process.You can place the cookie sheets into the freezer for 15 minutes if you’re in a hurry, works like a charm.
- Make your filling while you’re waiting for the cookies to cool: With a hand mixer, blend together your softened cream cheese and butter.
- Run a thin spatula under each cookie to free it from the parchment paper. Flip half of them over–these are the cookies you will spread the filling on. Pipe or spread filling and place a cookie on top. Repeat until you’ve constructed all 7 whoopie pies.
- Serve and enjoy! Place any leftovers in an airtight container to keep them moist and refrigerate.
- *See Tips section in post above for filling color and alternate flavor recommendations.
- Category: Low-Carb
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Desserts
Keywords: low-carb, keto, whoopie pies, creme pies, chocolate, cream cheese, gluten-free baking, dairy-free, grain-free, snacks