- 1 box Tolerant Lentil Rotini Pasta
- 15 grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 red onion, diced
- 3/4 cup sliced ham (salt cured, no additives) or chicken, salmon, etc.
- 1/2 cup (or more if you like) frozen peas
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese, shredded (optional, omit for dairy-free)
- Italian parsley for garnish
- **add chopped celery for some crunch if desired
Dressing (*If you already have Italian dressing on hand, just mix 1/3 of a cup with the mayo).
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp vinegar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tiny drizzle of honey
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 little pinch of paprika
- 1/3 cup SCD-friendly Mayonnaise or homemade
- salt + pepper to taste (if you use salted garlic/onion powders, be aware you will need less salt-taste first).
- Bring about 6 quarts of water to a boil
- While your water is coming to a boil, go ahead and make your dressing: Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar and honey. Add powdered onion, garlic, paprika and Italian Seasoning and whisk again. Spoon in mayo and blend again until smooth. Take a quick taste-if you find it under-seasoned add salt to desired taste. Set aside.
- Add your pasta to the boiling water and cook for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally so it doesn’t stick together.
- Drain pasta well then add it into a large bowl. Pour dressing over top of hot pasta and toss. Add frozen peas, (they do not need defrosting-the warm pasta brings them to the right temp) onions, ham and tomatoes. Toss again. (Add additional salt and cracked pepper if desired to taste).
- Refrigerate for 2-3 hours until nice and chilled. Sprinkle parmesan over top and serve with parsley. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. Enjoy!
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, scd, specific carbohydrate diet, dairy-free, pasta salad, lunch recipes, easy dinner, packed lunch