- 1 cup almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 3/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/2 cup potato starch (not potato flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon guar gum
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk, or any plain milk substitute
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, extra for brushing
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, arrowroot starch, potato starch, guar gum, baking soda and salt.
- Add milk or milk substitute, olive oil, and apple cider vinegar. Bring wet and dry ingredients together with a fork and then work through by hand until dough forms. Dough will be very sticky. Scrape dough off hands and let sit for 5 minutes. Wash Hands.
- Shape dough into a square on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. (You can very lightly dust the parchment paper with potato starch if you find the dough too sticky) Use a knife to cut into 5 pieces as pictured above. Gently roll each piece out to measure about 7-8 inches or so.
- Brush each piece with olive oil and bake at 375 for 15-20 minutes. Check in at 10 minutes–at this point you can brush with additional olive oil and garlic or add vegan cheese for cheesy sticks! Cook until golden let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Have some marinara sauce ready for dipping!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container or ziplock bag. Reheat in microwave or oven. Enjoy!
- FOR THE BAGUETTE:
- There is only one addition to the ingredients for the Baguette. Add 1/4 tsp baking powder (Hain brand is grain-free) to the dry mix and continue through step 3.
- On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, use the entire amount of dough and mold it into a baguette shape. Make a slice down the middle lengthwise about 1/2 and inch deep. Brush with olive oil and bake for about 20-25 minutes. At the halfway mark, brush with vegan butter or additional olive oil. You can raise the temperature to 400 degrees at this point for a more golden color.
- Let the baguette cool for a FULL 15 MINUTES before slicing. It will still be warm enough to melt butter. Alternatively, after slicing, you can place butter, fresh garlic and a tiny bit of salt in the grooves and bake for another five minutes. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, breadsticks, vegan, dairyfree, appetizer, dinner