- 1 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/2 cup potato starch (not potato flour)
- 1/2 teaspoon guar gum
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder (Hain brand is grain-free).
- 2/3 cup (or plain milk substitute)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- vegetable oil for frying
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar + 1 tsp cinnamon for dusting
- honey sweetened chocolate dipping sauce (refer to the “tips” section in post above).
- Whisk together almond flour, arrowroot starch, potato starch, guar gum, baking soda + baking powder.
- Add milk, honey, olive oil, apple cider vinegar + vanilla extract to flour mix. Combine well, the batter will be thick.
- Heat 2 inches of oil in a deep skillet or Fry Daddy until it reach 360 degrees. While it is heating, go ahead and mix together your coconut sugar and cinnamon.
- Then place your batter/dough into a large pastry bag with a large star tip. Alternatively, you can use a large ziplock bag and cut off the corner tip.
- Pipe dough into oil, fry until golden brown, about 1 minute on each side. Use tongs to adjust the shape of the churro while frying. Remove with slotted spoon and place an paper towels to drain. Roll in cinnamon sugar, serve with chocolate dipping sauce. Enjoy!
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, vegan, churros, donuts, breakfast, recipe