- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 1/4 cups potato starch (not potato flour) or 1 1/4 cup + 1 Tbsp tapioca starch
- 1/2 teaspoon guar gum (Bob’s Red Mill) (chia seed option in post above)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (Hain brand is grain-free)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 2/3 cups unsweetened almond milk (or regular milk if preferred)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, potato starch, guar gum, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add almond milk, apple cider vinegar, olive oil and stir until combined well. Let batter sit for 3 minutes, it will thicken slightly.
- Grease your 6 well mini cake pan (link to pan in blog post).
- Spoon batter into wells, a little over half way full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes. Start looking in at 15 minutes, edges will start to become golden. They will be springy to the touch.
- Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes. Then run knife around muffins. Flip pan over gently onto cooling rack to release muffins.
- Let them cool COMPLETELY before slicing them in half.
- Slice cooled English muffins in half (horizontally) and toast until golden and crisp. Spread with butter, jam or Kite Hill vegan cream cheese. Store leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate. Enjoy!
Keywords: vegan, grainfree, glutenfree, dairyfree, english muffins, bread, breakfast, toast