• 3.8 net carbs per serving (Swerve has 0 net carbs).
• Scroll down past nutrition stats for traditional grain-free version of this recipe.
- 1 quart glass container
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp Swerve Confectioner Sugar Replacement
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (Droste for rich flavor + color)
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup half + half or full fat coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Frosting (Or simply dust with Swerve Confectioner + serve warm)
- Spray your 1 quart glass container with Pam olive oil spray, or grease with butter or Earth Balance Spread. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, Swerve, cocoa powder and baking powder. Make sure all dry ingredients are incorporated evenly.
- Add egg, milk, olive oil and vanilla extract. Whisk again until batter is smooth.
- Use a rubber spatula to guide batter into your glass container, it will fill just 1/3 of the way full.
- Place container into microwave for 4 minutes.
- With oven mitts, remove your cake from the microwave.
- Place it into the freezer to cool for about 15-20 minutes. (Or simply dust with powdered Swerve and serve warm if you don’t prefer frosting).
- While you’re waiting for your cake to cool, go ahead and make your frosting.
- Place softened butter, half + half and vanilla in a medium to large mixing bowl. Whisk Swerve Confectioner, cocoa powder and salt over top. Blend with hand mixer on medium, then switch to high until frosting is smooth and creamy. (Add a touch more milk for a thinner/creamier frosting, or more Swerve for a thicker frosting).
- Spread frosting on cooled cake and serve immediately. We cut ours into 4th’s and give everyone a spoon to dig in. It can also be cut into 8th’s and served as small slices on a plate. This fun and messy microwave cake is meant to be eaten immediately after preparation. Enjoy!
- Category: grain-free
- Method: microwave
- Cuisine: cake
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, dairyfree, keto, lowcarb, microwave, cake, birthday, chocolate, sprinkles, easy recipe, valentinesday