- 6 Large potatoes made into mashed potatoes in whichever style preferred
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 cup Potato Starch, more for dusting.
- 1/2 cup Chopped Scallions
- 2 teaspoons Guar Gum (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil, for the pan.
- 1 tablespoon Vegan Butter, for the pan. (Earth Balance)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Peel, boil potatoes, mash with butter, milk or milk substitute and salt to taste.
- Let mashed potatoes cool. In a separate bowl whisk together dry ingredients.
- Mix egg into potatoes and then add dry ingredients.
- Form into 8-10 cakes and dust lightly with potato starch mixed with a bit of salt and paprika.
- Heat olive oil and butter on medium heat then add in potato cakes when butter is frothy-about four at a time.
- Brown on both sides (about 3-4 minutes each side then transfer to a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and finish cooking through in oven. (About ten minutes). Serve with sour cream, chives, or desired condiments
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, dairyfree, potatocakes, mashedpotatoes, dinnersides, dinner