- 2 1/4 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp sugar
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg + 1 yolk
- Juice of 1 large lemon (seeded)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 tablespoon milk
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds (optional)
- *optional: melted white chocolate chips to drizzle on top of baked blondies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, tapioca starch, sugar and baking soda. Add lemon zest and whisk again.
- Add egg and additional egg yolk, lemon juice, melted butter, milk and combine until smooth. Batter will be very thick.
- Add white chocolate chips, almond slices into batter and incorporate evenly.
- Spread batter into a parchment paper lined 8 x 8 baking dish. (Batter rises quite a bit during baking).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes uncovered, then secure a sheet of foil over the top and continue baking for another 15-20 minutes. You want the middle to be soft, it will firm up during the cooling process in the same manner a batch of brownies would (and it will be much more moist and delicious this way).
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes and transfer to freezer for 25- 30 minutes before slicing. They will be perfectly chilled and ready to serve!
- For the white chocolate drizzle, melt down 3/4 of a cup of chips in a double broiler with 2 tablespoons coconut oil. Drizzle over top and add toasted almonds. Place in freezer for 3-5 minutes for the white chocolate to harden. Enjoy!
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, lemonbars, lemoncurd, lemon, blondies, summer, easy recipe