- 1 1/2 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 cup arrowroot starch
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons Earth Balance (Soy-Free or Coconut Spread), melted
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 2/3 cup Spectrum Shortening (or Earth Balance Spread)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (clear vanilla for lighter frosting color)
- 1/3 cup egg white powder (Hoosier Hill Farms) or plain egg white protein powder will do.
- 2 1/2 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Natural food coloring options in “Tips” section in post above.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, arrowroot starch, pumpkin pie spice and baking soda.
- Add honey, Earth Balance, molasses, vanilla extract + almond milk and work through until dough forms. Dough will be a bit sticky, let dough rest for 5 minutes.
- Roll out dough between two sheets of parchment paper, the top layer of paper will keep it from sticking to the rolling pin. Cut cookies into desired shapes.
- Gently peel and lift cookie cutouts and transfer to parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes–you want them to be a little soft. Let them cool on the baking sheet, they will firm up a bit during the cooling process.
- Blend frosting ingredients together with hand mixer while your waiting for your cookies to cool. Chill frosting for 10 minutes in freezer, it will firm up a touch. Blend again, frost and decorate as desired. Store leftovers in an airtight container. Enjoy!
Keywords: grainfree, paleo, glutenfree, dairyfree, sugarcookies, holiday, christmas, cookies