Sink your teeth into these scrumptious Low-Carb Lemon Berry Cupcakes- super simple to make! Just 3.8 net carbs per frosted cupcake, or 4.3 with a strawberry half on top.
- 2.5 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 2/3 cup Swerve Confectioner Sugar Replacement
- 2.5 teaspoons gelatin (Knox brand or Now brand)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- zest of 2 lemons
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon heavy cream or full fat coconut milk (half + half is great for low-carb)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla and or lemon extract (strawberry extract as well if you like)
- you’ll need a few strawberries for the purée in the frosting and more for decor.
For The Frosting
- Line your cupcake tin.
- Make sure you have your cream cheese + butter softened to room temperature for the frosting.
- Add lemon zest and whisk again until evenly incorporated.
- Then add in your eggs, half + half, lemon juice, olive oil and vanilla.
- Quickly whisk all ingredients together until batter is nice and smooth. Batter will be a bit thick, you’ll want to u
- While you’re waiting for your cupcakes to cool, go ahead and make your frosting.