Looking for a luscious Low-Carb summertime treat? These Keto Lemon Strawberry Cupcakes definitely fit the bill.
Keto Lemon Berry Cupcakes
Are you a fan of pink lemonade and all things citrusy- sweet? Then you need to make these cupcakes. They’re exceedingly moist, fluffy and when you pair them with the strawberry cream cheese frosting– well, it’s just heaven.
For those of you that are new to a Low-Carb diet, it can be hard to believe that a Grain-Free, Gluten-Free and Keto treat can be this delectable, but doubt not- you’ll want to linger over every last, luscious bite. It’s just the right ratio of ingredients that are the secret behind the magic.
If you’re not a fan of strawberries, this recipe works great with raspberries, and similarly if you’re not into lemon for whatever reason, lime or even orange can take it’s place beautifully. It’s just the citrus-berry combination that’s important and really winning here.
These can be made Dairy-Free by subbing in full fat coconut milk and dairy-free cream cheese- they still come out scrumptiously rich with a super creamy frosting.
Things You’ll Need On Hand:
- 12 cup muffin tin
- 2 large bowls
- Whisk and hand mixer
- Cupcake liners
- Almond Flour
- Gelatin, Knox brand is great
- Baking powder and baking soda
- Swerve Confectioner Sugar Replacement
- Heavy cream or coconut milk for Keto, half + half or coconut milk for low-carb.
- Vanilla and or strawberry extract
- Cream cheese or dairy-free (Kite Hill)
- Butter or Earth Balance
If you love these cupcakes, you might also enjoy our Keto Lemon Blueberry Scones.
Happy Cupcake Making!Print
Sink your teeth into these scrumptious Low-Carb Lemon Berry Cupcakes- super simple to make! Just 3.8 net carbs per frosted cupcake, or 4.3 with a strawberry half on top.
- 2.5 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 2/3 cup Swerve Confectioner Sugar Replacement
- 2.5 teaspoons gelatin (Knox brand or Now brand)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- zest of 2 lemons
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon heavy cream or full fat coconut milk (half + half is great for low-carb)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla and or lemon extract (strawberry extract as well if you like)
- you’ll need a few strawberries for the purée in the frosting and more for decor.
For The Frosting
- Line your cupcake tin.
- Make sure you have your cream cheese + butter softened to room temperature for the frosting.
- Add lemon zest and whisk again until evenly incorporated.
- Then add in your eggs, half + half, lemon juice, olive oil and vanilla.
- Quickly whisk all ingredients together until batter is nice and smooth. Batter will be a bit thick, you’ll want to u
- While you’re waiting for your cupcakes to cool, go ahead and make your frosting.