Keto Lemon Berry Cupcakes
Looking for a luscious Low-Carb summertime treat? These Keto Lemon Strawberry Cupcakes definitely fit the bill.
Keto Lemon Berry Cupcakes
Are you a fan of pink lemonade and all things citrusy- sweet? Then you need to make these cupcakes. They’re exceedingly moist, fluffy and when you pair them with the strawberry cream cheese frosting– well, it’s just heaven.
For those of you that are new to a Low-Carb diet, it can be hard to believe that a Grain-Free, Gluten-Free and Keto treat can be this delectable, but doubt not- you’ll want to linger over every last, luscious bite. It’s just the right ratio of ingredients that are the secret behind the magic.
If you’re not a fan of strawberries, this recipe works great with raspberries, and similarly if you’re not into lemon for whatever reason, lime or even orange can take it’s place beautifully. It’s just the citrus-berry combination that’s important and really winning here.
These can be made Dairy-Free by subbing in full fat coconut milk and dairy-free cream cheese- they still come out scrumptiously rich with a super creamy frosting.
Things You’ll Need On Hand:
- 12 cup muffin tin
- 2 large bowls
- Whisk and hand mixer
- Cupcake liners
- Almond Flour
- Gelatin, Knox brand is great
- Baking powder and baking soda
- Swerve Confectioner Sugar Replacement
- Heavy cream or coconut milk for Keto, half + half or coconut milk for low-carb.
- Vanilla and or strawberry extract
- Cream cheese or dairy-free (Kite Hill)
- Butter or Earth Balance
If you love these cupcakes, you might also enjoy our Keto Lemon Blueberry Scones.
Happy Cupcake Making!Print
Keto Berry Citrus Cupcakes
Sink your teeth into these scrumptious Low-Carb Lemon Berry Cupcakes- super simple to make! Just 3.8 net carbs per frosted cupcake, or 4.3 with a strawberry half on top.
- 2.5 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 2/3 cup Swerve Confectioner Sugar Replacement
- 2.5 teaspoons gelatin (Knox brand or Now brand)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- zest of 2 lemons
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon heavy cream or full fat coconut milk (half + half is great for low-carb)
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla and or lemon extract (strawberry extract as well if you like)
- you’ll need a few strawberries for the purée in the frosting and more for decor.
For The Frosting
- Line your cupcake tin.
- Make sure you have your cream cheese + butter softened to room temperature for the frosting.
- Add lemon zest and whisk again until evenly incorporated.
- Then add in your eggs, half + half, lemon juice, olive oil and vanilla.
- Quickly whisk all ingredients together until batter is nice and smooth. Batter will be a bit thick, you’ll want to u
- While you’re waiting for your cupcakes to cool, go ahead and make your frosting.
These cupcakes are so pretty Catherine! I love the berry/citrus combination as well. Such a perfect summertime treat!
Thank you dear Noelle! I’m with you, anything berry-citrus has summertime written all over it, so good!
Ooo berries and lemon make an excellent summer combination, and I love how luscious and refreshing these pretty cupcakes look and sound! It’s like enjoying a glass of berry lemonade in a cupcake form 🙂
Thanks very much Ben! You’re so right, they really are like pink lemonade cupcakes, such a treat!
I would love these during the summer! They look so light and delicious and what a nice berry flavor!!
You’re so kind Katherine, thank you! 😀 They’re definitely a summery treat!
Perfect cupcakes for summer time parties and events! Love they are Keto too, I must admit-I love it!
Awww thank you Kim! They do make a guilt-free picnic dessert!