The very best SCD + Paleo Blackberry Muffins! These lovelies are incredibly moist, delicious and make a sensational summertime breakfast.
SCD + Paleo Blackberry Muffins
Happy Holiday Weekend! We thought these luscious grain-free muffins would be an amazing addition to this weekend’s brunch menu- fresh berries just scream summertime, don’t they? And you could even make these into an SCD 4th of July treat- Just serve with a dollop of homemade coconut whipped cream, a spoonful of strawberries and a drizzle of honey!
It’s amazing to us how simple this recipe is, these muffins can be made (start to finish) in a quick 35 minutes. If you’re the first one up in the morning, you can bake them fresh for breakfast- just make sure to leave time to let them cool completely. Sometimes we just throw the whole muffin tin in the freezer when we can’t wait, works like a charm.
We love these muffins as they are with blackberry and vanilla as the star flavors, but I definitely recommend switching them up from time to time with cinnamon and orange or lemon zest. And certainly feel free to sub in raspberries or blueberries. Whatever your choice, we feel confident these will become one of your favorite morning muffin recipes!
If you love these muffins, we think you’ll also love our SCD + Paleo Banana Bread!
These Paleo + SCD Blackberry Muffins are incredibly moist, delicious + easy to make.
- 2.5 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup blackberries (cut each berry in half)
- **to mix things up, add cinnamon or orange zest to your next batch!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line your muffin tin with cupcake liners, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together your almond flour and baking soda.
- Then add in the eggs, honey, olive oil, coconut milk, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract and combine thoroughly with whisk until smooth. Now fold in your halved blackberries. Use batter immediately. (You can also add the berries after the batter has been placed into the liners for a cleaner look, just push about four halved berries strategically in each one before baking).
- Fill each cupcake liner about 2/3- 3/4 of the way full.
- Place your prepared muffin tin into your preheated oven and bake at 350 degrees for about 22-25 minutes. The tops will be nice and golden brown. Remove from oven and place on stovetop to cool. Let muffins cool completely before removing them from the muffin tin. They will firm during the cooling process. If you’re in a rush, place the muffin tin in the freezer to cool more quickly.
- Serve and enjoy! Store any leftovers in an airtight container.
- Category: SCD
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Muffins
Keywords: gluten-free, grain-free, specific carbohydrate diet, paleo, naturally sweetened, dairy-free, blackberry, muffins, summer