Deliciously nutritious! Easy to make Keto, Grain-Free Pumpkin Scones.
3 Net Carbs Per Serving including glaze and pecans (Nutrition info below recipe)
For The Scones
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup Granular Swerve
- 2 teaspoons guar gum
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (Hain brand is Grain-Free)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chilled butter, cubed (Earth Balance for Dairy-Free)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream (full fat coconut milk for Dairy-Free)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- a touch of orange food coloring gel for color if desired
- pecans, optional
- 1 tablespoon melted butter (Earth Balance for Dairy-Free)
- 1.5 tablespoons heavy cream (coconut milk for Dairy-Free)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Swerve Confectioner Sugar Replacement
- 1/8th teaspoon salt
- **alternatively, you can just dust the scones with Granular Swerve
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, coconut flour, granular Swerve, guar gum, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and baking soda.
- Cut chilled butter into flour with a pastry cutter in the same manner you would for a pie crust.
- Add egg, pumpkin, heavy cream, vanilla extract and mix them into the flour by hand until dough forms. Dough will be sticky but pretty firm. Let your dough rest for just a minute while washing hands from excess dough. (The dough will thicken a bit while resting).
- Form the dough into a disk. (See our traditional blueberry scone recipe for photo instructions of this process.)
- Place your disk of dough onto your parchment paper lined baking sheet. Flatten it out just a bit and cut it into 4ths or 8ths. (3 net carbs for 1/8 of the recipe, 6 net carbs for 1/4th). Spread the scones apart a bit on the baking sheet so they’re not too close to each other. (alternatively you can use a circular cookie cutter for round scones).
- Place a full piece of foil lightly over top of the scones and bake at 350 degrees for a total of 25- 3o minutes, making sure to check in at 25 minutes. At the half way mark, turn the baking sheet 180 degrees- this will help them to bake more evenly. (Keep in mind that scones cut into 8ths will cook more quickly than scones cut into 4ths). When ready to exit the oven, the scones should be firm on the exterior but a touch tender in the center, a little browned on the edges and they will firm up fully during the cooling process. Let your scones cool untouched for a full 20+ minutes as they firm.
- While you’re waiting for your scones to cool, put together your glaze if desired: Add melted butter, cream and vanilla to a medium sized bowl. Sift in Swerve Confectioner and salt over top. Mix together with a whisk. Add more milk for a looser glaze, more Swerve for a thicker consistency.
- Drizzle glaze over cooled scones, top with pecans and serve. You can also place them in the fridge or freezer for a few minutes so the glaze will set before serving. *Tip- use a ziplock bag or piping bag with the just the very corner tip cut off to pipe the glaze evenly over sones.
- Enjoy! Store any leftovers in an airtight container and place in refrigerator.
- Prep Time: 15-20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: Keto
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Scones
Keywords: Keto, Low-Carb, Sugar-Free, Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, Pumpkin, Scones, Fall, Baking, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Breakfast, Bread