*4.1 net carbs per 1/2 sandwich
For The Cookies
- 1 + 1/2 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder (Droste brand for richer color and flavor)
- 1 teaspoon guar gum
- 1/2 teaspoon gelatin
- 1/2 cup + 1 tablespoon Swerve Confectioner Sugar Replacement
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 6 tbsp melted butter (Earth Balance for Dairy-Free)
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoons half and half or coconut milk
For The Ice Cream:
- 1 Scoop per sandwich. We love Halo Keto Caramel Butter Pecan (5 net carbs), Halo Top Peanut Butter Chocolate (8 net carbs) Halo Top White Chocolate Macadamia (8 net carbs, Keto Brand Mint Chocolate Chip (4 net carbs)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll dough out in between 2 pieces of parchment paper–this will keep it from sticking to the rolling pin. Cut out shapes with your favorite cookie cutter. Peel away the dough around the shapes then use a thin spatula to lift the cookie and place it on your parchment lined cookie sheet. Repeat with the rest of the dough. Yields 12-16 cookies depending on size of cookie cutter and thickness.
- Cover your prepared cookie sheet with foil and bake for 12 minutes. Cookies will still be soft. Place the cookie sheet on a heat safe surface and let them cool this way, covered in foil, for 25 minutes. (if you peek, just put the foil back). This traps the moisture and keeps them soft to give that traditional ice cream sandwich texture.
- After 25 minutes, you can move them carefully by spatula to a cooling rack until completely cool and dry.
- Before putting sandwiches together, let your ice cream stand on the counter to soften just a bit. The trick is to have the ice cream firm enough that it doesn’t melt right away but soft enough to press in between the cookies.
- Place one cookie on a plate, then place one scoop of ice cream on the center of that cookie, then using the palm of your hand, gently press the other cookie over top. If the ice cream seems too melty, just take a spatula and place your sandwiches on a tray and put them in the freezer for 30 min. You can make them ahead of time and store them this way.
- Serve and enjoy! Roll them in sugar-free chocolate chips for extra texture and pizazz.
- Prep Time: 20 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Category: Low-Carb
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Ice Cream Desserts
Keywords: grain-free, gluten-free, ice cream sandwiches, 4th of july, vanilla, chocolate, low-carb, healthy desserts, diet