- 2.5 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 2/3 cup Swerve Confectioner Sweetener
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (Hain brand is grain-free)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp milk (or coconut milk)
- 1/4 cup olive oil (or oil of choice)
- 2.5 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 of an eight oz container cream cheese, room temperature (Kite Hill for dairy-free)
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened (Earth Balance Spread for dairy-free)
- 1/3 cup Swerve Confectioner Sweetener
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- lemon zest (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, Swerve, baking powder + baking soda. Add lemon zest overtop and whisk together again until evenly combined.
- Add your eggs, milk, olive oil, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, vanilla and blend together with whisk until combined well and batter is smooth. Add blueberries into batter and incorporate evenly.
- Pour batter into a parchment paper lined 1 pound loaf pan. We love this USA pan. Making sure your oven is preheated, bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes. At 30 minutes in, cover completely with aluminum foil-this will steam the bread, allowing it to cook the rest of the way through while staying nice and moist! Keep in mind, oven times can occasionally vary, peek in at 45 minutes, if it is not cooked through, check back in at 55 minutes. And make sure to use oven mitts when securing the foil, that loaf pan will be hot!
- Remove from oven and let COOL COMPLETELY before removing from pan and glazing. (If you’re in a rush, let it cool 10 minutes outside of the oven and then transfer the loaf pan to the freezer for about 25 minutes).
- While you’re waiting for the bread to cool, go ahead and mix together your glaze. With a hand mixer, blend together your cream cheese and butter.
- Add lemon and blend again. Finally, add in Swerve and salt, then blend one last time. Chilling the glaze will thicken it. You can also add more Swerve for a thicker texture or more lemon juice to thin it out.
- Spread glaze over bread and serve. You can also place it in the fridge to chill, it’s excellent served cold.
- Enjoy! Store any leftovers in an airtight container and place in refrigerator.
*These can also be made as muffins, keep in mind baking time will decrease to about 25 min.
Keywords: keto, grainfree, glutenfree, dairyfree, blueberry, lemon, bread, breakfast, dessert