- 1 1/2 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 2/3 cup sweet potato flour (or 1/2 cup tapioca starch)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, unsweetened (Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips).
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried cherries
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter or ghee
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon almond milk, plain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk together almond flour, sweet potato flour and baking soda. Add in chocolate chips, dried cherries and combine again.
- Add melted “butter”, honey, vanilla extract and almond milk. Mix liquids into flour by hand until dough has formed. Dough will be sticky.
- Using an ice cream scooper or spoon, scoop out cookie dough rounds onto parchment paper lined baking sheet. Flatten out cookies a bit with your palm.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. They will start to get a little golden brown around the edges. Remove from oven when still soft, they will firm up during cooling process. Do NOT transfer cookies to a plate or cooling rack until they have cooled for 10 full minutes. Then transfer them by spatula to plate or rack.
- Store any leftovers in airtight container to seal in the moisture–they will stay nice and soft this way. Enjoy!
Keywords: paleo, grainfree, glutenfree, chocolate, cherry, cookies, sweetpotato, snack, dessert