Paleo Chocolate Cherry Cookies
Paleo, Grain-Free, Gluten-Free
Hooray for Sweet Potato Flour!😍
And does it ever make for delicious cookies, I can’t even tell you about the rich, sweet flavor it imparts, you absolutely have to try it for yourself!
These are my husband’s favorite cookies and are a staple in our home. It takes just a few minutes to get the dough together and another 10-15 minutes in the oven–super duper simple. And I think we both like the idea of enjoying a cookie with such healthy ingredients like almond flour, sweet potato flour and honey.
I have a few recipe tips–you will need unsweetened dried cherries if you are following the Paleo diet. Trader Joe’s sells delicious unsweetened + unsulphured dried cherries. We buy ours on Amazon in a larger quantity, you can find those here.
-Same goes for the chocolate chips, we sometimes use Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips, sweetened with stevia. I do cheat sometimes and use Enjoy Life Chocolate Chunks. I love them because they do not contain any soy, however, they do have some cane sugar.
-For the sweet potato flour, we use a brand called Healthier Way. We also have a tapioca starch alternative in the recipe below.
-You’ll want to let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 10 minute before transferring to plate or cooling rack. They will be soft when you remove them from the oven and will firm up a bit during the 10 minutes.
-Do not let them overcook, as they can brown on the bottom if left to bake for too long.
-Store any leftovers in an airtight container to keep them deliciously soft!
Enjoy the recipe + Happy Baking!☺️
Paleo Chocolate Cherry Cookies
- Total Time: 25 min
- Yield: 6 large cookies (8 medium) 1x
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 2/3 cup sweet potato flour (or 1/2 cup tapioca starch)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, unsweetened (Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips).
- 1/2 cup unsweetened dried cherries
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup butter or ghee
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon almond milk, plain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk together almond flour, sweet potato flour and baking soda. Add in chocolate chips, dried cherries and combine again.
- Add melted “butter”, honey, vanilla extract and almond milk. Mix liquids into flour by hand until dough has formed. Dough will be sticky.
- Using an ice cream scooper or spoon, scoop out cookie dough rounds onto parchment paper lined baking sheet. Flatten out cookies a bit with your palm.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes. They will start to get a little golden brown around the edges. Remove from oven when still soft, they will firm up during cooling process. Do NOT transfer cookies to a plate or cooling rack until they have cooled for 10 full minutes. Then transfer them by spatula to plate or rack.
- Store any leftovers in airtight container to seal in the moisture–they will stay nice and soft this way. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
Keywords: paleo, grainfree, glutenfree, chocolate, cherry, cookies, sweetpotato, snack, dessert