These SCD + Low Carb Ham & Swiss Scones are a super delicious way to start the day! And are they ever delicious with a healthy pat of dijon butter–SO GOOD!
Good morning, friends! Our savory SCD Scones are finally here! And yes, we’re working on a sweet version for the spring—feel free to comment below with the flavor combination you’d like to see!
I’ve long been a fan of ham and Swiss in both sandwiches and eggs as well as with a good biscuit. I’m crazy about this recipe as the ingredients are baked right into the scone, it really packs a super protein punch–especially combined with the almond flour, can’t beat it!
These are of course beautiful at breakfast slathered with some dijon butter, but they are equally good as a dinner side–a great low-carb way to spice up your evening meal! We store ours in the refrigerator and pop them in the toaster oven for a few minutes to warm them a touch before serving. After you’ve made your dijon butter, it’s a nice idea to pack it or press it into a small condiment dish–that way you can store it in the fridge with the scones and plus it’s just a lovely way to serve the butter on a breakfast or dinner table.
Enjoy the scones, Happy Baking!😊Print
4 net carbs per serving (1 medium scone, serves 8)
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon gelatin (Knox is fine or Now foods brand)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chilled butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk or homemade almond milk (cream or half + half for keto/low-carb version)
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese (cheddar or parmesan are also great)
- 3/4 cup diced ham (salt cured)
- ***for additional flavor, try adding chopped green onions
Simple Dijon Butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard (This mustard is SCD-friendly)
- Category: Grain-Free, SCD
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Savory
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, keto, low-carb, scd, specific carbohydrate diet, ham and swiss, scones, pastry, breakfast, ham and cheese