Paleo Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies 💕
Our Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookies are now Naturally Sweetened! 🎉
I must admit, I was initially a little hesitant to leave the brown sugar out of the recipe—I love the color and rich flavor it imparts to cookies and blondies. But then it occurred to me that molasses is the key to brown sugar and it would certainly go together well with honey the way it does with sugar—problem solved!
And the rest was easy as we used the same almond flour to arrowroot ratio from our paleo sugar cookies. The recipe itself is a cinch, just one bowl and about 10 minutes of prep (5 if you’re speedy!) and 15 minutes in the oven.
I love my chocolate chip cookies with a little crunch around the edges, super soft and chewy in the middle—if you’re looking for extra crunch, leave them in the oven for a few more minutes and transfer them to a cooling rack after they’ve cooled ten minutes on the cookie sheet and they will crisp up. (The initial cooling process on the cookie sheet is important as they are still setting up).
Just a couple tips for you today!
-For the chocolate chips: Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips are unsweetened and Dairy-Free (they do have a bit of soy lecithin), you can find them here and Whole Foods carries them. Enjoy Life makes delicious chocolate chips as well and they are free of dairy and soy, but do have some sugar. You can find them here and Whole Foods carries those as well.
-Once you scoop the cookie dough onto your parchment paper lined baking sheet, you will need to mold them into the cookie shape you prefer as they will only change slightly during the baking process.
Enjoy the recipe, Happy Baking!☺️Print
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Vegan Earth Balance Spread or Coconut Spread
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons molasses
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (Lily’s or Hu Kitchen Paleo Chocolate (chopped)
- 2/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, arrowroot, baking soda and salt.
- Add in melted vegan butter (or coconut spread), honey, vanilla extract and molasses. Work wet ingredients into dry mix thoroughly until dough forms. Let dough sit for 5 minutes, it will thicken slightly. Then mix the chocolate chips and walnuts into the dough until combined evenly.
- Scoop dough onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and flatten each dollop of cookie dough a bit. They will not alter shape very much in the oven, so you’ll want to mold them in the shape you prefer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes, depending on size. Check in at about 12 minutes, they should be golden brown. Remove tray from oven and leave cookies to cool on the tray for 10 full minutes before transferring them to cooling rack or plate.
- Store any leftovers in airtight container to keep them soft and chewy. Enjoy!
Keywords: paleo, grainfree, glutenfree, dairyfree, chocolatechipcookies, chocolate, cookies, walnuts
This post may contain affiliate links, that means that I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase using these links. Income allows us to purchase products to test the recipes you see here! Thank you for your support.