- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot starch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 1/2 tablespoons Vegan Earth Balance Spread or Coconut Spread
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons molasses
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips (sugar-free option in post tips above)
- 2/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, arrowroot, baking soda and salt.
- Add in melted vegan butter (or coconut spread), honey, vanilla extract and molasses. Work wet ingredients into dry mix thoroughly until dough forms. Let dough sit for 5 minutes, it will thicken slightly. Then mix the chocolate chips and walnuts into the dough until combined evenly.
- Scoop dough onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and flatten each dollop of cookie dough a bit. They will not alter shape very much in the oven, so you’ll want to mold them in the shape you prefer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15-20 minutes, depending on size. Check in at about 12 minutes, they should be golden brown. Remove tray from oven and leave cookies to cool on the tray for 10 full minutes before transferring them to cooling rack or plate.
- Store any leftovers in airtight container to keep them soft and chewy. Enjoy!
Keywords: paleo, grainfree, glutenfree, dairyfree, chocolatechipcookies, chocolate, cookies, walnuts