- 3 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 cup tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon gelatin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 + 1/4 cups plain, unsweetened plain almond milk (or regular milk, coconut milk if preferred)
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, tapioca starch, baking soda, gelatin, salt and set aside.
- In a separate medium sized bowl, add three egg whites. (Do not include yolks). Sprinkle cream of tartar over top. Blend with hand mixer on high until just about stiff. Leave egg whites aside momentarily.
- Add your one and a quarter cups milk and 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar into your flour blend and whisk until smooth. Fold in whipped egg whites until evenly incorporated-you don’t need to be as super gentle, but take a bit of care in the mixing.
- Immediately pour your batter into a parchment paper lined 1 pound loaf pan. (Make of pan in “Tips” section above). Place pan into oven and bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes. At about 30 minutes in, using oven mitts, you can place aluminum foil over top–I usually create a little dome. *(To use this recipe to create sandwich rolls, see tips section in post above).
- Bread will be golden and firm when done. Remove from oven and place pan on cooling rack. Let the bread cool COMPLETELY in the pan before removing and slicing.
- Slice bread and toast in toaster. Make sandwiches, french toast, grilled cheese, or toast points. Store bread in airtight container or bread bag. Refrigerate after 2 days. Enjoy!
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, paleo, dairyfree, bread, toast, breakfast, sandwich, lunch, snack