- 1 3/4 cups Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Baking Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (Hain brand is grain-free)
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk (plain, unsweetened) coconut milk works here too or regular milk for non paleo.
- 3 eggs (at room temperature)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter (or butter substitute)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together the Paleo baking flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Add in eggs, almond milk, melted butter and whisk batter until smooth. Batter will be fairly loose.
- Pour batter into a greased 6 inch (or 1 quart) soufflé dish. Place into preheated oven and bake for 40-45 minutes at 375 degrees. Check in at 30 minutes (top will be a bit golden and crusty at this point) and gently cover with foil for the last 10 minutes or so. (Don’t worry, the bread will not fall).
- With an oven mitt on each hand, carefully remove spoon bread from oven and place on a cooling rack. Let it sit for 5 minutes, then serve immediately. Texture will be in between bread and soufflé. Place a pat of butter or butter substitute over each serving. Enjoy!
Keywords: paleo, grainfree, glutenfree, dairyfree, spoonbread, bread, dinner