- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 cup potato starch (not potato flour)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grain-free baking powder (I use Hain brand).
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon guar gum
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil (I use olive oil)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- Preheat waffle iron to desired temperature. Then, in a large bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients except baking soda (we will add that in at the end).
- In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, almond milk, oil and vanilla. (Save apple cider vinegar for later). Pour the wet mixture into the dry mix and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Sprinkle baking soda over the top of the batter. Then pour the apple cider vinegar over the top of the baking soda and allow them to fizz (react) and fold into batter.
- Grease or spray your waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray. Pour batter and cook until golden brown. *(If you prefer a thinner batter you may add a touch of almond milk. Note though that the grain-free batter will be slightly thicker in consistency vs. traditional batter-but will yield a very yummy result. Thinning out the batter may result in a dryer waffle).
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, dairyfree, waffles, breakfast, brunch