- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk (If using extra large eggs, just use 1 egg).
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup Enjoy Life Dairy-Free Chocolate Chunks (naturally sweetened chocolate version in tips above)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, sugar, tapioca starch and baking soda. Add egg, butter, vanilla extract and combine until dough forms.
- Dough will be loose at first but will thicken as you blend. Let dough sit for 5 minutes, then form dough into a ball. (Dough will be a bit sticky).
- Spoon dough onto cookie sheet and flatten each dollop to about 1/2 inch thick with your palm. You can tidy the sides so they’re circular in form.
- Bake cookies for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on the edges and still soft in the middle. Take them out of the oven and leave on cookie sheet to cool for a full 5-10 minutes without moving. Cookies will firm up while cooling. Press 4-5 chocolate chips in the center of each cookie and let melt , if desired). Then transfer cookies with spatula to rack or plate.
- Cookies will be soft and chewy in the center, with crisp edges. Place in airtight container for storage. Enjoy!!
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, dairyfree, peanutbuttercookies, peanutbutter, cookies, chocolate, snack