Paleo + Dairy-Free Version Omit Frosting
- 2.5 cups almond flour
- 2.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon coconut milk
- 1.5 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup shredded carrots (use the fine side of the grater)
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts or raisins (optional)
FROSTING (paleo + dairy-free versions omit frosting)
- 7 1/2 ounces Farmer Cheese (Dry Curd Cottage Cheese) We use Friendship brand or you can use homemade SCD cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cupcake tin with liners, set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, cinnamon and baking soda until evenly combined.
- Add eggs, honey, olive oil, vanilla extract, coconut milk and apple cider vinegar. Whisk together well until batter is smooth.
- Add in your finely shredded carrot and whisk again until evenly incorporated. Spoon batter into cupcake liners 2/3 of the way full.
- Place into a preheated oven and bake at 350 degrees for 23-25 minutes. Remove from oven, place on countertop or fridge to cool. Do not remove cupcakes from tin until completely cooled—they will still be setting up during the cooling process. No cheating until they are nice and cool ;).
- While you’re waiting for your cupcakes to cool, go ahead and make your frosting: In a food processor (or blender), cream together your softened butter and Farmer Cheese. Add in honey + vanilla extract and blend again until smooth. Place frosting in freezer for 5-8 minutes to firm up. (The butter will cool, which thickens the frosting). Remove your frosting from the freezer and blend again in food processor until smooth. Spread or pipe over cooled cupcakes and enjoy! Store leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate.
- Category: SCD
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: cupcakes
Keywords: specific carbohydrate diet, paleo, dairyfree, glutenfree, grainfree, carrot cake, cupcakes, birthday