- 2 1/4 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice (or equal measures of ground cinnamon, clove + ginger).
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup small raisins
- 1/3 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin (Trader Joe’s is BPA-free with no additives). Or you can use cooked pumpkin, or butternut squash, just make sure they’re drained.
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon almond milk (or coconut milk, water will do in a pinch)
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- FOR THE FROSTING:
- 7 1/2 ounces Farmer Cheese (Dry Curd Cottage Cheese) We use Friendship brand or you can use homemade SCD cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, spices and baking soda. Add raisins + walnuts, whisk again. Then add your eggs, pumpkin, honey, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, almond milk + vanilla extract. Combine until smooth. (Hand mixer on medium speed works well, you can also do it by hand).
- Pour batter into a parchment paper lined loaf pan or lined muffin tin. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45-55 minutes. Cover fully with aluminum foil at 25 minutes to prevent over-browning, this will also help steam the bread. Bread will be a little tender, but mostly firm. (Muffins take just about 30 minutes).
- Remove from oven and let cool COMPLETELY before removing from pan. This part is important as it will be firm for cutting only when cooled. (But you can sneak a pinch if you must )
- FOR THE ICING:
- In a food processor (or blender), cream together your soft butter and Farmer Cheese. Add in honey + vanilla extract and blend again. Place frosting in freezer for 10 minutes to firm up. (The butter will cool, which thickens the frosting).
- Remove your frosting from the freezer and blend again in food processor until smooth. Spread over cooled pumpkin bread or muffins and enjoy! Store leftovers in air tight container and refrigerate.
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, scd, specificcarbohydratediet, breakfast, pumpkinbread, fallrecipe