- 2 + 1/3 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- 1 cup smooth natural peanut butter (no additives) or smooth almond butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut milk, full fat (or homemade almond milk)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 eggs + 1 beaten egg white
- 1.5 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- *See “Tips” section in post above for SCD Jam recommendations.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Line your bread pan with parchment paper. (We love this USA Pan it makes a taller loaf)
- In a large mixing bowl, add your peanut butter, honey, coconut milk, olive oil, vanilla, apple cider vinegar and two of your eggs. Use a hand mixer on medium to blend until smooth.
- In a smaller separate mixing bowl, add the single egg white. Blend with hand mixer on high until it doubles in size and is nice and frothy, set aside for a moment.
- Sift your almond flour, baking soda and gelatin over top of your peanut butter mixture and blend until smooth. (Do not over blend). Then pour your blended egg white into the batter and use your hand mixer on low to incorporate it evenly into the mix.
- Pour your batter into the parchment lined loaf pan and place into preheated oven. Bake at 350 degrees for a total of 60 minutes: uncovered for 30 minutes and then using oven mitts, cover your pan tightly with foil and bake another 30 minutes. Some ovens may require an additional 10 minutes baking time.
- Place loaf pan on stove top or cooling rack–LET BREAD COOL COMPLETELY BEFORE CUTTING. We place ours in the freezer to cool more quickly.
- Slice cooled bread and enjoy! Spread with SCD jam or peanut butter. Store leftovers in an airtight container, it keeps it nice and moist and creates that deliciously soft top to each slice. Refrigerate. Can be frozen for 4 months. Enjoy!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: SCD
Keywords: grain-free, grainless, peanut butter bread, scd, specific carbohydrate diet, gluten-free bread, dairy-free scd bread