This SCD Peanut Butter Bread makes for a dreamy breakfast and is an absolute cinch to make-we love to pair a slice with some SCD jam!
It’s peanut butter breakfast time!
I know, I say this every time there’s peanut butter in a recipe-it’s impossible to resist. Friends, this SCD bread is rich, scrumptious and packed with protein. When you have almond flour coupled with peanut butter and honey, it’s guaranteed to boost your energy level for the day.
We wanted this bread to be nice and fluffy but not too eggy, so there are just two eggs plus one whipped egg white–it’s amazing what this one egg white does here. We tested it with and without and the different was almost twice the height, plus a much lovelier texture.
You can serve a slice plain with your favorite breakfast beverage or you can slather it with peanut butter and or SCD Jam, it’s a treat any which way. You can also place your favorite berries on top of the peanut butter if you don’t have jam on hand.
- For SCD Jam, we recommend Wellbees Brand. Or you can easily make your own by cooking down a bunch of berries in about a 1/3 cup of water with a tablespoon of honey until it starts to thicken a bit. We mix in about 1/4 teaspoon of gelatin so that it sets up a little easier in the fridge. You can strain the fruit once it’s cooked down or not, your choice. If you’re in a rush, let it thicken in the freezer.
- You can use either homemade almond milk or full fat coconut milk for the liquid in this recipe, we always recommend coconut milk when possible for richer flavor–however, since there is a healthy amount of peanut butter in this recipe that richness is already covered.
- You can absolutely use almond or cashew butter in this recipe if you prefer, just make sure it is blended first if it’s the kind with the oil at the top.
- We love this USA Pan for all of our breads, it makes a taller loaf.
If you love this recipe, we think you’ll also enjoy our:
- 2 + 1/3 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- 1 cup smooth natural peanut butter (no additives) or smooth almond butter
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup coconut milk, full fat (or homemade almond milk)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 eggs + 1 beaten egg white
- 1.5 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- *See “Tips” section in post above for SCD Jam recommendations.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Line your bread pan with parchment paper. (We love this USA Pan it makes a taller loaf)
- In a large mixing bowl, add your peanut butter, honey, coconut milk, olive oil, vanilla, apple cider vinegar and two of your eggs. Use a hand mixer on medium to blend until smooth.
- In a smaller separate mixing bowl, add the single egg white. Blend with hand mixer on high until it doubles in size and is nice and frothy, set aside for a moment.
- Sift your almond flour, baking soda and gelatin over top of your peanut butter mixture and blend until smooth. (Do not over blend). Then pour your blended egg white into the batter and use your hand mixer on low to incorporate it evenly into the mix.
- Pour your batter into the parchment lined loaf pan and place into preheated oven. Bake at 350 degrees for a total of 60 minutes: uncovered for 30 minutes and then using oven mitts, cover your pan tightly with foil and bake another 30 minutes. Some ovens may require an additional 10 minutes baking time.
- Place loaf pan on stove top or cooling rack–LET BREAD COOL COMPLETELY BEFORE CUTTING. We place ours in the freezer to cool more quickly.
- Slice cooled bread and enjoy! Spread with SCD jam or peanut butter. Store leftovers in an airtight container, it keeps it nice and moist and creates that deliciously soft top to each slice. Refrigerate. Can be frozen for 4 months. Enjoy!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: SCD
Keywords: grain-free, grainless, peanut butter bread, scd, specific carbohydrate diet, gluten-free bread, dairy-free scd bread
This post may contain affiliate links, that means that I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase using these links. Income allows us to purchase products to test the recipes you see here! Thank you for your support.