- 2 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 3/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 tablespoon baking powder (grain-free, I use Hain brand). Or 1/2 tsp baking soda for paleo version.
- 1/4 teaspoon guar gum (Guar gum can be omitted for paleo version, just add an additional 1.5 tbsp of tapioca starch to the recipe).
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup + 3 Tbsp milk or unsweetened milk substitute (almond milk, coconut milk, etc)
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon melted butter or dairy-free substitute (Earth Balance, ghee, coconut oil, etc).
- Whisk together almond flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, guar gum and salt.
- Add milk, melted butter, apple cider vinegar and eggs to dry mix and combine thoroughly. Let the batter sit for one minute, it will thicken slightly on it’s own. Mix again.
- Lightly grease griddle or frying pan then pour about 1/4 of a cup of batter into the pan. Cook on medium heat. When little bubbles form on the surface, the pancake is ready to be flipped. Stack cakes and serve with butter and maple syrup. Enjoy!!
Keywords: paleo, grainfree, glutenfree, dairyfree, pancakes, breakfast, recipe