*Reading through the instructions ahead of time makes the baking process simple and stress-free. 🙂
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 2/3 cup tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons apple sauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Vegan Vanilla Glaze (Scroll below for Paleo topping)
- 2 cups powdered sugar (“Wholesome!” brand is grain-free).
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Melted Vegan Butter (Earth Balance)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons coconut milk (almond milk is fine)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Coconut Sugar Topping
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or regular sugar for vegan)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons melted ghee (or Earth Balance for vegan) (in dish to brush on cooled donuts before adding sugar).
- Grease donut pan well
- The foil coverage will steam the donuts, making them moist and delicious.
- They will firm during the cooling process. I tap the wells with a knife to help the donuts release. After they are flipped onto the cooling rack, a
- While you’re waiting, start getting the glaze ready. Whisk together your powdered sugar + salt, then slowly stir in your melted “butter”, almond milk + vanilla until smooth. Spoon glaze over donuts and place on rack or plate, allowing glaze to set. For the Paleo version, brush donuts with melted ghee and roll them in the coconut sugar mixed with cinnamon. Store any leftovers in airtight container, refrigerate if storing them more than one day. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 22 min
- Category: Vegan
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Donuts
Keywords: Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Vegan, Paleo, Molasses, Donuts, Spice, Vanilla, Glaze, Holiday, Breakfast, Brunch, Gingerbread