- 1 + 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup potato starch (not potato flour)
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons baking powder (grain-free, I use Hain baking powder)
- 1 teaspoon guar gum (I use Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno, diced + seeded
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons butter, cubed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk together almond flour, potato starch, baking powder, guar gum and salt.
- Cube butter then cut into dry mix with pastry cutter.
- Dice jalapeño and remove seeds.
- Shred cheese with grater.
- Add cheese and jalapeño to dry mix and stir until evenly distributed.
- Make a well in the center of the mix and add egg and half and half into well. Using your hands or fork, slowly bring dry mix into wet mix. Work together until dough has formed. Dough will be sticky.
- Shape dough into wheel and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Quarter or cut into eighths, depending on desired serving size.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until golden and scones are firm to pressing. You may see a little butter escape from the bottom of the scone while baking, it is to be expected.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and serve. May be frozen up to 4 weeks.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, cheddar, scones, breakfast, snack, jalapeno