5.4 net carbs per serving
**See Keto Sprinkle Recipe Info Below
- 1+ 3/4 cups almond flour
- 2/3 cup (No substitutes)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp whole milk (or full fat coconut milk)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring (Watkins brand is a more natural alternative). Gel color is more concentrated, only use about 1-2 teaspoons .
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Start with your wet ingredients. In a large bowl, whisk together your milk, eggs, olive oil, vanilla extract, food coloring and apple cider vinegar. Whisk until smooth, but do not over-blend.
- Then sift the Swerve Confectioner, cocoa powder, baking soda and baking powder over top and incorporate into batter with whisk.
- Place layers into oven and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes. Carefully rotate the pans 180 degrees and lightly cover with foil at the halfway mark. At 20-25 minutes the layers will be ready to come out, they’ll still be a touch soft. Let them cool COMPLETELY and once they are cool, run a knife around the edges and carefully flip them over onto a cooling rack or plates and let them rest for another 5-10 minutes before frosting. While you’re waiting for your cake layers or cupcakes to cool, go ahead and blend together your frosting.
- With a hand mixer, blend together your softened cream cheese and butter.
- Pipe or spread frosting onto cupcakes, serve and enjoy!! For layer cake, it is easiest to first freeze the layers. Then frost and stack each layer, finally frost the top and sides. We used our Swerve sprinkles for the pink and red topping, you can find that recipe at the bottom of our Keto Devil’s Food Cake Post.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate, enjoy!
Keywords: keto, grainfree, glutenfree, lowcarb, dairy-free, redvelvet, cake, cupcakes, birthday, party