Hooray for donuts! I wish I could express to you just how incredibly delicious these apple cinnamon teats are–it’s virtually impossible to just have one unless you freeze the rest right away–which of course I have to do–otherwise I’m just like Pacman, I’ll keep chomping and chomping away! 😉
And this is a happy recipe– you know how some recipes feel like a ton of work and you have to draaaagg yourself into the kitchen to even preheat the oven? Ugh, do I ever know that feeling. These, my friends, are actually a joy to make. I don’t know if it’s the amazing smell of apple and cinnamon or the cute little donut pan–or piping the batter into the wells (so satisfying!!) Whatever it is, you’ll be smiling, I guarantee it.
You will need a special pan for these, we love , super easy to use and doesn’t take up much space. You will also need a large ziplock bag or piping bag for the batter. Also, if you love these cinnamon apple donuts, you’ll also love our vegan pumpkin donuts!
Happy Baking friends, enjoy the recipe!!☺️
**We use this Wilton Donut Pan
- 1.5 cups almond flour
- 2/3 cup tapioca starch
- 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Coconut Sugar Topping
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (or regular sugar for vegan)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons melted ghee (or Earth Balance for vegan) (in dish to brush on cooled donuts before adding sugar).
- The foil coverage will steam the donuts, making them moist and delicious.
- They will firm during the cooling process.
Keywords: grain-free, gluten-free, vegan, paleo, cinnamon, donuts, apple, healthy recipe, easy recipe