These luscious Low-Carb Lemon Lavender Cupcakes are a delicious Springtime treat- perfect for both Easter and afternoon tea, and admittedly lovely for breakfast–we won’t tell! 😉
| Low-Carb Lemon Lavender Cupcakes | I LOVE a good lemon cupcake. If you’re like me, you want it to be moist with with a healthy burst of fresh and bright citrus flavor that balances out the sweetness in just the right way. So good.
I will say I was initially hesitant to bring lavender into the equation—I’m entranced by the calming and beautiful fragrance of it, but do I really want to ingest it, I wondered? Some people absolutely adore it in baked goods and proclaim it’s digestive benefits, so curiosity got the best of me and here we are!
And I have to say, I’m crazy about it!! And I think you will be too. It’s all about finding the right level of lavender flavor to suit your taste. We used it fairly sparingly and the lovely hint of it just lightly lingers on the palate. Oh and if you are a true lavender lover, you can create a pot of tea with some of the extra lavender flowers and a bit of lemon peel to go along with your cupcake. *And I would like to mention that if you are not into lavender, these are delicious just as lemon cupcakes. What’s most important is your personal experience!!
We tested these with both a lemon buttercream and lemon cream cheese frosting and the latter is my personal favorite, although both are super yummy. If you’re avoiding dairy, we have a link to a delicious cream cheese substitute in the recipe below. And if you love these low-carb lavender lovelies, you might also enjoy our Low-Carb Lemon Blueberry Bread!
Happy Baking, Enjoy The Recipe!😊
Each Cupcake Contains 4.7 net carbs
*Swerve has zero net carbs
- 1 teaspoon Culinary Lavender
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 2/3 cup Swerve Confectioner Sugar Replacement
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tsp gelatin
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon half and half (or coconut milk for keto/non dairy)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar)
For The Frosting
- Start with your teaspoon of dried lavender flowers. Place them onto a cutting board and carefully dice into tiny pieces, continually running the knife over them until you have a fine powder, then set aside. Alternatively you can grind them using a Mortar and Pestle (Enjoy the scent as you crush the flowers, so beautiful!)
- While you’re waiting for your cupcakes to cool, go ahead and make your frosting.
- Category: Low-Carb
- Cuisine: Baked Treats
Keywords: Low-carb, keto, lemon, lavender, cupcakes, birthday cake, spring recipes, healthy recipes, sugar-free, grain-free, gluten-free
This post may contain affiliate links, that means that I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase using these links. Income allows us to purchase products to test the recipes you see here! Thank you for your support.