Grain-Free, Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
Good Morning Friends!💜
I hope your weekend is off to a great start! We’re extra excited about today’s recipe– these bakery-style Blackberry Cobbler Muffins are seriously delicious. And I’m saying this as someone who is crazy picky about their muffins!
My husband would love to tell you how fussy I am about these things (bordering on obsessive!), but I’m sure you’ll agree that a delicious muffin requires proper flavor, texture, moisture and should have a thick crumb topping. I’m getting hungry just talking about it!
And how wonderful are blackberries? They’re just so stunning even to look at! And the beautiful burst of berry flavor you get from them when you bite into this muffin, well it’s just heavenly.
These really don’t require too much effort, either. The batter is super simple and the crumb topping is very easy to put together, just about 15 minutes of prep time total and a quick 25 minute bake. So if you happen to have the ingredients on hand, I would say go for it as soon as possible!
And any berry at all would work beautifully if you prefer raspberries or blueberries, etc.
Tips For Today:
-I do recommend making the crumb topping first, however, don’t forget to put it on the muffins! I can’t tell you how many times I’ve done this–and it makes for very sad faces looking back at you, asking you to remake the whole batch!😭
-If you don’t feel like cutting the butter into the crumb topping mixture, you can instead melt it and mix it in with your hands, creating crumb-size pieces.
-We store these in an airtight container on the counter, but do refrigerate them if you plan on keeping them more than a few days. They last a full week in the fridge and freeze beautifully if you want to make a couple batches at a time.
Happy Baking + Enjoy The Recipe!😊
- 1 cup almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter (or ghee)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca starch
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp almond milk or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup fresh blackberries (slice berries in half if they’re extra large)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Start with your crumb topping: In a mixing bowl, whisk together 1 cup of almond flour, 1/2 cup tapioca starch, 1/3 cup coconut sugar, cinnamon and salt. Cut your butter (or ghee) into the flour. Add vanilla. Then using your hands, work the butter further into the flour until you have a nice crumble mixture. Set aside.
- For the muffin batter: In a large bowl, whisk together your almond flour, tapioca starch and baking soda until combined evenly. Then add in your egg, almond milk, honey, olive oil, vanilla extract and apple cider vinegar. Blend until smooth. Finally, add in your blackberries and incorporate them evenly into the batter.
- Pour batter into cupcake liners about 2/3 of the way full. (Yields 12). Sprinkle crumble mixture over top. Place muffin tin into oven and bake at 350 degrees for about 25 -30 minutes–crumble will become a bit golden.
- Let muffins cool for a full 20 minutes before serving.
- Serve and enjoy! Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Keywords: paleo, grainfree, glutenfree, dairyfree, cobbler, muffins, breakfast, blackberry