Feta and jalapeño add just the right kick to set this delicious guacamole into world’s best status!! Such an easy appetizer to whip up for guests–and a perfect game-time snack.
| Ted’s Takover Recipe: Best Guacamole | I know that everyone thinks they make the best guacamole, but I really do! All joking aside, I’ve made this recipe many times for friends and family and it’s always a huge hit. Feta cheese is the ingredient that really knocks this one out of the ballpark.
My first experience with feta cheese was the big, dry slabs of feta served on salads at Greek diners in Philadelphia. For a long time I thought that I didn’t like feta but I rediscovered it as an adult and now I basically think there’s nothing that can’t be improved by the addition of feta cheese.
In the case of this recipe, the saltiness of the feta is the perfect counterbalance to the acidity from the lime. And the jalapeño adds just the right amount of heat. Like I said in the ingredients list regarding the feta- do not substitute! For a fancier version, try French feta.
**This guacamole goes beautifully with our Chicken Tostadas! Enjoy the recipe!
- 4 ripe avocados
- 1 cup red onion very finely diced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- zest and juice from 1 lime
- juice from 1/4 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of paprika
- dash of cayenne pepper (more if you like it spicy)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (do not substitute!)
- sliced radish and jalapeño pepper for garnish (you may add diced jalapeño to guacamole if preferred)
- Terra Vegetable Chips (optional)
- Place all ingredients except the feta cheese into a mixing bowl and mash together with a potato masher tool or wooden spoon. I prefer my guacamole slightly chunky but you can mash longer if you prefer a smoother consistency.
- Transfer to a serving dish. Using a spoon, make an indentation in the middle of the guacamole and fill generously with crumbled feta cheese. Garnish with cilantro sprigs, radish and/or sliced jalapeño pepper. Serve with Terra vegetable chips, cucumber slices, carrot and celery sticks.
Keywords: guacamole, dip, superbowl, party food, gluten-free, grain-free
This post may contain affiliate links, that means that I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase using these links. Income allows us to purchase products to test the recipes you see here! Thank you for your support.