Apple Berry Crumble (Vegan and Grain-Free)
This simple and delicious recipe requires very little skill, yet the taste and presentation will wow your guests! It’s amazing on it’s own and extra special paired with a little vegan vanilla ice cream. 🙂
My husband actually likes to add just a touch of port wine to the apple/blueberry mixture. If you’re feeling a little saucy, I say go for it! 😉 And I have to mention again that this dessert is both undetectably grain-free + vegan and might very well be the best tasting crumble we’ve ever had!!
Enjoy the recipe and Happy Baking!Print
- 4 apples-peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup potato starch or tapioca starch
- 3/4 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegan butter Earth Balance, or ghee, melted.
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel, core and slice apples. Place apples in bowl and add blueberries, lemon zest, lemon juice, 1/4 cup brown sugar and combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together almond flour, potato starch, 3/4 cup of brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Then stir in pecans. Add melted butter, vanilla and mix by hand.
- Place apple/berry mixture into 8 or 9 inch square baking dish. Spread crumble mixture over fruit and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Placing foil overtop for the last ten minutes will ensure an even bake. Enjoy!!!
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, vegan, dairyfree, applecrumble, berry, breakfast, dessert
This post may contain affiliate links, that means that I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase using these links. Income allows us to purchase products to test the recipes you see here! Thank you for your support.