Sometimes simple recipes are the very best! Dig into this scrumptiously healthy Vegan + Grain-Free Apple Berry Crumble for dessert or breakfast!
Vegan + Grain-Free Apple Berry Crumble
This simple and delicious recipe requires very little skill, yet the taste and presentation will wow your guests! It’s amazing on it’s own and extra special paired with a little vegan vanilla ice cream. 🙂
My husband actually likes to add just a touch of port wine to the apple/blueberry mixture. If you’re feeling a little saucy, I say go for it! 😉 And I have to mention again that this dessert is both undetectably grain-free + vegan and might very well be the best tasting crumble we’ve ever had!!
If you love this recipe, we think you’ll also enjoy our Vegan Cinnamon Apple Donuts!
Enjoy the recipe and Happy Baking!Print
- 4 apples-peeled, cored and sliced
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup potato starch or tapioca starch
- 3/4 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegan butter Earth Balance, or ghee, melted.
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel, core and slice apples. Place apples in bowl and add blueberries, lemon zest, lemon juice, 1/4 cup brown sugar and combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together almond flour, potato starch, 3/4 cup of brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Then stir in pecans. Add melted butter, vanilla and mix by hand.
- Place apple/berry mixture into 8 or 9 inch square baking dish. Spread crumble mixture over fruit and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden and bubbly. Placing foil overtop for the last ten minutes will ensure an even bake. Enjoy!!!
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 40 min
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, vegan, dairyfree, applecrumble, berry, breakfast, dessert