Delicious Grain-Free Banana Bread
Banana bread is an absolute classic. I find it’s always welcomed if not specifically requested–a crowd pleaser to be sure. I usually try to keep some in the freezer as I’m one of those old fashioned types that loves to have something on hand for unexpected guests. That being said, it’s actually super simple to make on the fly and takes just under an hour from start to finish. The 45 minutes of baking time is well worth the wait because your kitchen will smell like absolute heaven as the banana bread rises.
I like to cut mine into thick slices and store in an airtight container in the fridge. I actually prefer it chilled with a super hot cup of earl grey for breakfast. SOO, so good. 🙂
If you serve it warm, I recommend letting the bread cool for a good ten to fifteen minutes as grain-free breads continue to set as they cool.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup potato starch (not potato flour)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 large, very ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs (or 1 jumbo)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mash bananas in bowl then mix in sugar, olive oil, eggs and vanilla until thoroughly combined. In a separate bowl whisk together almond flour, potato starch, walnuts and cinnamon.
- Add dry mix into wet ingredients, stir until all is properly incorporated together.
- Sprinkle baking soda over the batter and then add the apple cider vinegar over top, allowing it to react and become fizzy. Fold into mix evenly.
- Pour batter into a parchment paper lined loaf pan (we use a 9 X 2.5 inch kraft paper loaf pan).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until golden brown and middle is almost firm. (Will still be a touch soft in the center). Check on the bread at 30 minutes in–the altitude, pan size and oven type can have an effect on cooking time. Place foil over top of bread if it is browning faster than desired. Let bread cool on top of cooling rack for 15 minutes before serving. Also delicious refrigerated. Enjoy!
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, dairyfree, bananabread, breakfast
This post may contain affiliate links, that means that I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase using these links. Income allows us to purchase products to test the recipes you see here! Thank you for your support.