Nothing beats a batch of delicious Chicken Wings at game-time. And there’s no frying necessary, these wings are baked all the way to perfection!
| Ted’s Takeover Recipe: Baked Chicken Wings | Hey guys, the big game is just two weeks away! And if you’re a raging fan of football like I am, then this time of year always sneaks upon you. One minute it’s September and you’ve got the whole season to look forward to and the next thing you know there’s only two teams left standing and just one final game…
I do hope your favorite team is still playing but if not I think it’s still appropriate to honor your fandom and the big game with some great snack foods. Party foods can be problematic when you’re on a grain-free diet so I thought I would share these incredibly tasty baked chicken wings.
I know that some of you traditionalists out there may be skeptical about the fact that they’re baked– but believe me when I say that these are every bit as good as deep fried wings and healthier for you too.
These can be marinated the night before and baked on the day of. You can also make them a couple days ahead and reheat them right before game time –we love ours with a side of Sriracha! Enjoy the wings, best of luck to your team!Print
- 2 lbs chicken wings
- 1 egg
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (double this if you prefer spicier wings)
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce (double this if you prefer spicier wings)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 Dash of ground coriander
- 1 Dash of ground cloves
- Sriracha for dipping if desired (1 carb per serving)
- Put the egg and oil in a large mixing bowl and beat with a whisk. Let it rest for a minute and then beat again. Add remaining ingredients (vinegar + seasoning) and whisk until all are incorporated well.
- Add chicken wings into your marinade then cover and marinate in refrigerator overnight.
- After wings are marinated overnight, Pre-heat your oven to 450 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a stainless wire cooking rack on top. Evenly space the wings on the rack and bake for 45 minutes, brushing with remaining marinade halfway through the bake time. (If you don’t have the cooking rack, they will still be absolutely delicious, but they are even more so using the rack).
- We served ours with pickled carrots, raw cucumber and radish slices, and sriracha sauce for dipping. For the pickled carrots you can use our pickled onion recipe for the brine.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container, enjoy!
- Prep Time: Marinate Overnight
- Cook Time: 45 min
- Category: Savory
Keywords: baked chicken wings, superbowl food, party food, grainfree, keto snacks, lowcarb dinner, diaryfree, football food