Looking for a special savory mixed drink to impress your guests with? Then this delicious Gibson Cocktail is for you!
| Ted’s Takover Recipe: The Gibson Cocktail | Hi, I’m Catherine’s husband Ted and I’m taking over the blog once a month to share my healthy grain-free recipes and cocktails! You can read more about my story here. Onto the recipe! I’ve never actually been a huge fan of traditional martinis, I recall my reluctance to even accept one years ago at a dinner party. Little did I know at the time the variations and possibilities the drink offered!
Once I started pickling red onions (find that recipe here) it occurred to me that I could make onion martinis for guests with pickling juice in the same vein of a dirty martini. I had no clue that this concoction was actually technically considered a “Gibson” I also had no clue how much I’d enjoy the drink myself!
This is definitely a cooler weather cocktail-perfect for the coming months. It pairs beautifully with Catherine’s Low-Carb Cheese Crackers as well as some cornichons–you could also include a cornichon in the Gibson as an added garnish. Enjoy the cocktails!
- Total Time: 44 minute
- Yield: 2 Gibsons 1x
- 4 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce dry vermouth
- Pickled red onion for garnish
- 1 tablespoon brine liquid from the pickled onions
- Pre-chill your martini glass by filling with ice cubes and cold water and set aside.
- Fill cocktail shaker halfway with ice cubes, pour in 4 ounces of your favorite vodka (we like Tito’s), 1 ounce dry vermouth, 1 tablespoon of brine liquid from the pickled onions.
- Place cover on cocktail shaker and shake vigorously for 10 seconds.
- Discard ice cubes and water from chilled martini glass and pour in contents of shaker. Garnish with pickled red onion and enjoy.
- Prep Time: 5-10 min
Keywords: martini, gibson, pickled onions, mixed drink, cocktails, entertaining, party, drinks
Hi Ted! Welcome aboard, so excited to have you. Looking forward to all your delicious fresh foods. Loved reading your story. You and Catherine are quite the dynamic duo, what a blessing. This Martini looks and sounds incredible, we are excited to try it out. Cheers to your new adventure!!
Thanks so much for the kind comment, Natalie! It’s been so fun collaborating with Catherine on this. I’m excited to be a part of it!
It looks beautiful! I don’t drink, but if I did, I would definitely try this cocktail 🙂 Super classy!
Thanks so much Noelle! I wish you could try it, it’s definitely delicious!