These Grain-Free Mini Bagel Bites are seriously one of our top ten all-time favorite recipes! These are true boil and bake bagels with amazing taste and texture–and you can’t go wrong with pizza toppings!
Grain-free, Dairy-Free, Vegan Option 🍕
Good Morning, friends!
We’re getting ourselves in gear for Super Bowl LII this coming weekend and we knew bagel bites just had to be on the snack menu!
Words cannot express how delicious and addictive these chewy, cheesy bites are, you’ll just have to try them for yourselves!
And they’re a cinch to make, do not be daunted by the boil and bake process, you can have these little delights on the plate in 45 minutes from start to finish! And your guests will LOVE you for it. Plus, you don’t have to mention that they’re grain-free, because NO ONE WILL KNOW!!
I’m not joking either, we had to throw away half of the test batch just so we wouldn’t inhale the rest!😂
Here are a few tips before we head to the recipe:
-You can find the vegan version of our bagel recipe here.
-You can also find instructional photos of our bagel recipe in that same link here.
-We use Daiya shredded cheese for our dairy-free/vegan versions.
-We love Rao’s Pizza sauce for marinara, it is the best we’ve ever tried!
-You can absolutely make large bagels with this recipe if you’d rather, it will yield 5.
Enjoy the recipe + Happy Baking!😊
- 2 cups almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 cup tapioca starch
- 1/4 teaspoon guar gum
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg (For vegan option, check out our vegan bagel recipe).
- 1/3 cup milk or plain almond milk
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup Rao’s Homemade Pizza Sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded Mozzarella or Shredded dairy-free Daiya brand Mozzarella
- 1/4 cup pepperoni, minced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon parmigiano reggiano, grated (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bring a large pot of water to boil.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk together almond flour, tapioca starch, guar gum, baking soda, baking powder + salt.
- Add egg, milk, olive oil, apple cider vinegar into dry mix and combine by hand until dough forms. Dough will be very sticky and feel a bit loose at first. Scrape dough from hands and let dough sit for 5 minutes, it will thicken up a bit. Dough will feel a bit like thick play-doh.
- Cut dough into 9 equal pieces and roll each piece out and form into circle, working quickly so dough won’t dry out. See tips section above for link to instructional photos.
- Mend any cracks with a touch of water. Lower bagels into boiling water with slotted spoon or spatula. Cook in batches of three. Bagels will fall to the bottom of the pot and rise in about 45 seconds. Carefully flip each one over and allow them to cook for another 20-30 seconds. Carefully retrieve them with the slotted spoon and place on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Brush with egg wash (egg yolk + milk or milk sub) if desired and bake at 350 degrees for about 25 minutes, some ovens might take a pinch longer. Keep in mind, that when bagels are hot, they have more give. It will become firmer in the center after cooling.
- Cool on wire rack completely before cutting in half. Then slice bagels in half, spread with marinara + desired toppings. Return to oven for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees until cheese is bubbly with a bit of color. Serve hot! Store any leftovers in an airtight container, enjoy!
- Prep Time: 30 min
- Cook Time: about 25 min
Keywords: grainfree, glutenfree, dairyfree, bagels, bagelbites, pizza, dinner, snack, superbowlsnacks