This easy to make Keto Pizza Pie will take care of those “gotta have it” carby pizza cravings in a hurry! And there’s a Dairy-Free version included in the recipe below.
Happy New Year’s Eve, Friends!🥂
Whew, what a year! Are you as excited as I am to break into 2019? I love new beginnings and the hope of what is yet to come–it’s a beautiful opportunity to start fresh and maybe do a little dance if 2018 was a difficult year–because you made it through!!
We’re starting out the new year on the Keto diet, so for the foreseeable future, we will be sharing mostly Keto recipes along with some SCD + Paleo goodies as well. Today of course, we bring you our Keto Pizza!!
We adapted our current grain-free pizza recipe and found a way to eliminate the starch without compromising the texture and taste–and I can’t believe it, but we actually like this version better!!
It can be made as thin or as thick as you like and it has a fabulous, bendy and chewy crust with crisp edges–and it’s brushed with garlic oil and a touch of parmesan or salt, so you will want to savor those last few crusty bites!
We’ve now started to include nutrition facts so you know what you’re in for- calorie, fat and carbohydrate/fiber-wise- you can find that information below the recipe!
Like Grain-Free Italian Food? Then you’ll love our Keto Chicken Parmesan recipe!
Happy New Year + Happy Baking!😊
- 3/4 cup + 1 tbsp almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons guar gum
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese-or dairy-free cheese substitute (can be omitted if desired)
- 1 egg
- 3.5 tablespoons half and half (or coconut milk/cream, we love Nature’s Greatest Foods)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and mixed in 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup Rao’s Tomato Sauce or the like
- 3/4 cup of mozzarella blended with grated parmesan (or dairy-free blend)
- 4–5 sliced cherry tomatoes (omitting these will result in fewer carbs)
- fresh basil (optional)
- Italian Seasoning (optional)
- Red Pepper Flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, add almond flour, coconut flour, parmesan cheese, guar gum and baking soda. Whisk together until combined evenly.
- Add your egg, olive oil, apple cider vinegar and milk. Stir together with a large fork. It will be like a thick batter at first. Let it sit for 5 minutes to thicken. Combine again– at this point you will have a fairly loose, sticky dough. Shape dough into a ball.
- Scrape excess dough from hands, then wash and dry hands.
- Place a sheet of parchment paper on top of a cookie sheet. Place your ball of dough in the middle of that sheet. Have a little dish of water on the side to dip your fingers into-this will help you spread and shape your dough. (I actually also run my hands under some water and flatten the dough with wet hands).
- You may place a piece of parchment paper overtop of your dough and flatten it a bit with a rolling pin. Remove the top layer of parchment paper slowly. (This usually is not an issue, but if you find the paper is sticking to your dough too much, start the process over and sprinkle a touch of coconut flour overtop).
- Shape dough into a wheel, making it as thin or thick as you like–you can alternatively shape it into a square or rectangle. Remember to use your dish of water–when your fingers are wet, it’s much easier to shape your dough. (Even though this dough is not as thick as traditional dough, the baking process will turn it into a beautiful crust).
- Brush the outer edges of the dough with your garlic oil and sprinkle with salt or grated parmesan. Place into the oven and bake for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, but keep your crust on the baking sheet. Add your tomato sauce, cheeses, spices and any other toppings you desire. Brush the edges once again with a bit more oil and salt or parmesan. Bake for another 15 minutes, this time at 400 degrees until bubbly and the edges are nice and crusty.
- Serve and enjoy!! Place fresh basil on top and sprinkle with additional parmesan and red pepper flakes if desired. Cover and store any leftovers in the fridge, reheat to serve again.
Keywords: keto, lowcarb, pizza, grain-free, dairyfree, glutenfree, dinner, lunch, easymeal, cheese, tomatoes
This post may contain affiliate links, that means that I may receive a small commission if you make a purchase using these links. Income allows us to purchase products to test the recipes you see here! Thank you for your support.